If you’re on a budget and you love to cook or bake, budgetbytes.com is the website for you!
Budget Bytes is self-described as a website for people who are “broke and love to eat.” It offers quick and simple recipes that cost very little money. Check out the video below for a Budget Byte blueberry muffin recipe that costs only $0.37 and can be made in your own microwave!
Blueberry Muffin Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup flour $0.04
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar $0.02
- 1/4 tsp baking powder $0.02
- 1/8 tsp salt $0.01
- pinch cinnamon $0.01
- 1/2 Tbsp butter $0.04
- 2 Tbsp milk $0.04
- 1-2 Tbsp frozen blueberries
Instructions (via budgetbytes.com):
1. In a microwave-safe mug, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well mixed.
2. Add the butter to the mug and use your fingers to rub or smooth them together until no large chunks of butter remain and the mixture looks like damp sand.
3. Stir the milk into the butter/flour mixture. It should now resemble a thick muffin batter. If it’s too dry, add a splash more milk. Sprinkle blueberries over top and push them down into the batter. Microwave on high for approximately 90 seconds. Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup over top.
Categories: On A Budget